Richard Lopez Memorial Scholarship Application
Barksdale Enlisted Spouse Group (BESG) Scholarship Application 2011-2012 Academic Year
Thank you for your interest in the BESG Scholarship. Two (2) scholarships in the amount of $500.00 each will be awarded to Barksdale AFB community members or dependents that are pursuing associate/bachelor degrees. Scholarship recipients are determined by the selection criteria and eligibility listed below.
v To apply and qualify for this scholarship, the applicant must be a member of the Barksdale AFB community (DoD employee, active or retired military member; also, dependents of either active or retired military, or DoD employee).
v Must attend or plan to attend an accredited school during the 2011-2012 school year. High school students must submit any documentation that states their intent to attend college. Example is a letter of acceptance and/or enrollment confirmation.
v Have a 2.5 GPA from high school/college depending upon student status.
v This scholarship is open for all academic programs.
v Undergraduate students (associate and bachelor) must be enrolled in the Fall Semester 2011 with a minimum of 6 credit hours when the scholarship is awarded May 10th, 2011. A small reception to be hold on Tuesday, May 17th at 6:00pm.
Completed applications must be received by Monday, March 28th, 2011. NO EXCEPTIONS. Packets received after that date, will not be submitted to the Scholarship Board for review.
If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Penwell 318-918.7611 or by email at email@example.com
The Scholarship Board will convene April 2011.
2011-2012 BESG Scholarship Application Instructions
- YOUR NAME AND SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER (LAST FOUR NUMBERS ONLY) SHOULD BE TYPED ON THE APPLICATION FORM WHERE REQUESTED. Do not include your name or SSN on any of the requested materials unless specifically stated.
- Complete scholarship application as accurately as possible. Please print all information as clearly as possible.
- Attach a copy of your ID card (front and back) to application. The Privacy Act of 1974 applies and your ID will only be used to determine your eligibility.
Include two letters of recommendation (one page, no specific format with the exception that your name is not used throughout the letters of recommendation). Letters should be addressed to the “Barksdale Enlisted Spouse Group Scholarship Committee”. These may be from past teachers, professors, education counselors, employers, supervisors, or co-workers from volunteer experiences, etc. Please do not use strictly personal references. LETTERS SHOULD BE TYPED.
- Include copies of your high school and/or college transcript for the current academic year. Official transcripts are not required.
- Include a business size self-addressed stamped envelope with your package. It will be used to acknowledge receipt of package, and/or acceptance/rejection of your application.
- Mail completed scholarship package to: Attn: BESG Scholarship, P.O. Box 366, Barksdale AFB, LA 71110. Scholarship packages will include :
q Completed BESG Scholarship Application*
q Copy of your ID (front and back)
q Copy of high school and/or college transcripts for the current year
q Two letters of recommendation
q Completed essay (500 words maximum) on your short and long term goals
* Incomplete or incorrectly submitted applications will not be eligible for consideration by the scholarship committee.
COMPLETED APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY March 28th, 2011.
9. Members or immediate family members of the Scholarship Board are not eligible to apply.
2011-2010 BESG Scholarship Application Instructions (cont.)
PLEASE PRINT IN INK OR TYPE:
ADDRESS (include zip): _______________________________________________________
EMAIL ADDRESS _____________________________________________________________
PHONE: __________________________ SOCIAL SECURITY# (last 4 numbers): ________
SPONSOR’S NAME: ________________________________________________________
SPONSOR’S UNIT: _____________________________ PHONE: ______________
ELIGIBILITY CATEGORY: (CIRCLE ALL THAT APPLY)
SPOUSE DEPENDENT CIVIL SERVICE
ACTIVE DUTY RETIRED
List College or Vocational School you plan to attend for 2010-2011:
_______________________________________________________ Accepted: Yes/No
List anticipated major or field of study: ________________________________________________
List three (3) schools attended (most current first): (High School, colleges, vocational school, etc)
Name & Location Years Field of Study Degree
List three (3) current/previous jobs; also, list three (3) volunteer experiences during this past year – most current first.
Organization Dates Position Points of Contact Phone:
2009-2010 BESG Scholarship Application Instructions (cont.)
Also list three (3) other Significant Achievements – most current first:
Write an essay (500 words maximum) on what your short and long term goals are:
I certify that the information in this application is accurate and complete to the best of my knowledge. If I accept a scholarship award, I promise that all funds received shall be applied to tuition, books and/or institutional fees at a regionally accredited college, university, or vocational school.